Open Top Big Bus Tour of Washington D.C.
See all the sights of the Nation's Capital on this hop on hop off tour with 4 routes to choose from!
The open top deck of a double-decker bus is definitely the best way to see Washington D.C. Sit back and relax as you are transported past the iconic landmarks, including The White House and the Washington Monument, that make America's capital so recognizable and special.
Along the way, you will learn about the city's history by listening to entertaining and informative commentary. Your hop on hop off ticket also provides you the freedom to get off the bus to explore and visit attractions.
Buses run regularly so rejoining the tour is easy.
There are four routes to choose from, all of which you can experience within the validity of your ticket. Our Red Loop tour is the official tour of the National Mall. You will have the flexibility to plan you own schedule and to visit the places you find most interesting. Be sure to bring your camera for the many excellent photo-opportunities.
The RED LOOP
is the perfect introduction to the city and takes in all the places that are synonymous with the nation's capital. The White House, U.S. Capitol, Air and Space Museum, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and the Ford's Theatre are just some of the iconic landmarks you will see on the Red Route.
The YELLOW LOOP
also travels through the city's historic center before heading out to discover the old world charm of Georgetown and the Washington National Cathedral. This is the only hop on and off tour to visit Georgetown and the National Cathedral.
- Founded in 1751, Georgetown was the original settlement, pre-dating Washington, D.C. by 40 years. It still retains its old world charm. George Washington was a regular visitor and JFK lived here as a young Congressman. Thomas Jefferson had a home in Georgetown as did Francis Scott Key who wrote the lyrics to The Star-Spangled Banner.
The National Cathedral
- The stunning National Cathedral has been the location for the funerals of four American Presidents (Woodrow Wilson, Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford).
The BLUE LOOP
takes you to the Holocaust Museum and across the Potomac River to the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery. Of special note is the journey across the Potomac which provides some fantastic views and photo opportunities.
The GREEN LOOP
is a free traditional trolley tour around the National Cathedral and Embassy Row.
All 48-hour tickets include a free, 50-minute cruise along the Potomac River. Enjoy the fantastic views of the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument as you float serenely by. The river cruise complements the Open Top Bus tour by providing a different perspective on the city.
: every 15 minutes in central areas and every 30 minutes on the extended routes
- regular intervals from 09:00 to 18:00 (March to September)
- regular intervals from 09:00 to 17:00 (October to March)
View Route Map
- 24-hour or 48-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Cruise along the Potomac (48-hour tickets only)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge provided they are accompanied by a dedicated adult (1 adult to 1 child) and so long as they do not occupy a seat to the detriment of a fare paying passenger.