Washington D.C. Segway Tour for Small Groups
This is the perfect tour for both those new to the city and those locals looking to experience Washington DC with an effortless glide.
Our 3 hour Segway tour is the perfect tour for both those new to the city and those locals looking to experience Washington DC with an effortless glide. For the newbies to DC, this tour will offer you a fantastic orientation and give you an opportunity to see virtually all of the sites you've read about. For the veterans, we're positive you'll learn new facts and stories about Washington that you've never heard. And we're sure you'll both agree that riding a Segway is the best way to see the 'Capital City.'
- White House: One of the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every President except George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
- United States Capitol: The government moved to "Jenkins' Hill" in 1800 and the building has been in constant development ever since. The dome itself can hold the entire Statue of Liberty standing up.
- Washington Monument: The pinnacle structure dedicated to the founder of our country, George Washington. The centerpiece of the National Mall.
- Smithsonian Castle: Established by British scientist, James Smithson who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for "the increase and diffusion of knowledge", this building is the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution which has grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
- Lincoln Memorial: A temple built on the edge of the Potomac River dedicated to the 16th President. It has been at the center of the Civil Rights movement for nearly a century.
- Pennsylvania Avenue: One of the world's most famous avenues and home to the Capitol, the White House, the National Archives, the Navy Memorial, the FBI Building, and more.
- National Galleries of Art: Pieces from the world's finest artisans over the last 3 centuries are found can be found in the only non-Smithsonian Museum on the National Mall. See the site of one of the most unknown Presidential assassinations in American history.
- And much more, including the Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Korean Memorial, Old Executive Office Building and U.S. The National Mall!
Looking for just a quick jaunt around the city? The 2 hour tour is the perfect opportunity to check out the latest, cool transportation craze. If you have always wanted to get on board a Segway and experience the joy of gliding along, this is the tour for you. Join us as we explore the National Mall, from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial. We'll also glide by the White House, World War II Memorial, the Old Executive Building and more!
- Washington Monument
- White House
- Lincoln Memorial
- Smithsonian Castle
- Guided segway tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 8 guests. If the party is larger than 8, the group will be split up for safety reasons.
- Each tour begins with a 30-minute orientation session, so that all participants are comfortable maneuvering their Segway.
- All riders must have the ability to climb and descend stairs without assistance. The Segway is not appropriate for anyone weighing under 100 pounds (45.5 kg) or over 250 pounds (113.6 kg). Pregnant women, unfortunately, are not allowed to ride.
- You must be at least 16 years old to participate on a Segway Tour. Participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a deposit on a credit card. This charge is immediately cancelled at the end of the tour. Beverages, rain gear, and gratuity are not included.
- The tour route is subject to change due to construction and security related issues.